I have handed my son over to surgeons knowing they would stop his heart, and prayed that it would beat again. I have learned more than I ever thought I could. I have cried more than I ever thought possible. I have celebrated victories and milestones that others never have to. I have walked a road I never knew existed. I will walk this road forever. I am a mommy to a CHD Angel ♥ iLy Kayden James

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Faces of CHD: Pierce

Pierce was born October 26, 2009. I never knew anything was wrong with him until shortly after he was born. He was diagnoses with critical arotic stenosis. A narrowing of his aortic valve. At the thime Batson Hospital could not treat Pierce, so they flew us to Children's National Medical Center in Washington D.C. I had to leave my other three children behind. We stayed in D.C. for a month and they said that the only way to help Pierce was to get a "New Heart." So we boarded another plane and flew to Arkansas Childrens Hospital to wait for a heart transplant. We were in Little Rock for a month and a half. Pierce lost his fight before a heart became avaliable on January 15, 2010

Please visit  the Pierce Allan Helms Memorial Silent Auction page on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/PierceAllanHelmsMemorialSilentAuction

To read more about Pierce's journey and what his family has experienced please visit any of these pages!












No comments:

Post a Comment